These are discontinued by Jacquard. Check out the iDye page for similar product.
Ever wish those boring old blue jeans added a little more excitement to your wardrobe?
Jeanie Denim Dye can help them do just that! Much like iDye in the way that it's packaged, Jeanie is a half ounce pouch you drop in your washing machine or pot on the stove top. No mess, no mixing, no measuring.
Overdye color will depend on the original jeans color. Full color will be most apparent on the lightest parts of the jeans, while minimal color will appear on the darkest parts.
A single 1/2 ounce packet will dye 1-3 pairs of jeans.
Made in: UNITED STATES (USA)
This product has been discontinued. See iDye
Jeanie Denim Dye Instructions
Pre-wash new jeans in hot water to remove sizing.
Dyed denim should always be laundered in cold water with like colors
For maximum color intensity, use the stovetop method.
The hotter the dye bath gets, the more intense the color will be.
- Fill a pot with enough warm water for the jeans to move freely. Turn heat on medium.
- Add the Jeanie soluble dye packet and stir until fully dissolved.
- Add jeans to the dye bath and raise temperature to a simmer, just below boiling (185°F/85°C).
- Maintain simmer and stir frequently for ½ hour.
OPTIONAL: To increase color intensity, add 1 cup pre-dissolved salt after 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove the fabric from the dye bath. Use caution and wear gloves as the fabric and dye bath will be hot and may stain skin. Jeanie is septic and sewer safe and may be poured down the drain.
- Wash the fabric in cool water with a mild detergent.
NOTE: Utensils and pot used for dyeing should not be used for food.
TOP LOADING WASHING MACHINES:
- Set machine to longest and hottest cycle with the lowest water level.
- Begin cycle and add the dissolvable dye packet once there is water in the tank.
- Allow the dye to fully dissolve and then add jeans.
- If possible, extend the dyeing time by resetting the wash timer, and allow the cycle to complete.
OPTIONAL: To increase color intensity, add 1 cup salt half-way through cycle.
FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINES:
- Pre-dissolve the dye packet in a jar of hot water.
- Place jeans in washer and begin the longest and hottest cycle with the lowest water level.
- Once the tank has filled with water, introduce the dissolved dye through the detergent drawer and allow the cycle to complete.
OPTIONAL: To increase color intensity, add 1 cup pre-dissolved salt half-way through cycle.
- For font loading machines with no drawer, simply place the dissolvable dye packet in the washer with jeans and run the longest, hottest cycle.
- For front loading machines with a pre-wash flush, add the dye between the flush and wash cycles.
To avoid residual dye in washer, remove jeans and run an additional wash cycle once dyeing is complete.